Two of my good friends have taken on "Project 365" and have inspired me to do the same. Basically, the goal is to take one picture everyday for a year and to post the picture along with a brief description. It's been quite interesting and entertaining to follow these women's adventures and while I don't anticipate my posts to be as exciting as a new college grad or someone studying/traveling in Europe, I thought this would be a unique way to document the first year of the littles' lives. I can just about guarantee that this blog will not be updated daily and perhaps not even weekly, but I'll give it my best effort to post on a regular basis. My hope is that this will be a popular site for the grandparents, godparents, aunties, uncles, cousins, and friends of the littles and that this can be a fun way to watch them grow.

*November, 2011* We made it through the year, and I thought perhaps I'd try to redesign the blog for the future, intermittent updates. But, this twin mom is going to keep it simple and just keep going. Do not expect daily photos; we'll just post highlights from now on. Enjoy.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Bye-bye


September 29, 2011
"Bye-bye" photo of the day project! It's been 365 days and while I didn't capture a photo every single day, I did pretty well (I did a quick count and missed about 35 days). I can't quite believe that an entire year has passed - everyone was right, it does happen so quickly! I feel like it was just yesterday when Ben and I were up in the middle of the night using just about every pillow in the house to prop up and feed our tiny little babies on this very chair. Now they are climbing all over it.

Josie and Noah have taught me way too many things to list, but here are a few of my reflections:
- I/we are so incredibly blessed!
- We are forever indebted to all of the family and friends who helped us get through this first year +
- Life's easier when I don't take it all so seriously
- You can always change your plans
- Sometimes dancing makes everything better
- Hugs ALWAYS make everything better
- It's okay for me to make mistakes (and typos); it'll give the littles the example and space they need to do they same as they experience all life has to offer
- Be careful what you do and say, because they are always watching and listening
- Live in and appreciate the moment

I'll continue to update the blog periodically with Josie and Noah's crazy antics (I think the grandparents, godparents, aunts and uncles would kill me if I didn't). But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm happy to have accomplished my goal - now on to the next project...any suggestions?


3 comments:

  1. Olivia is requesting the "Noahandjosie show" What do you think about a daily video podcast? Or weekly (in the morning) skype sessions with numbers 9,10 and 11?

    ReplyDelete