Two of my good friends have taken on "Project 365" and have inspired me to do the same. Basically, the goal is to take one picture everyday for a year and to post the picture along with a brief description. It's been quite interesting and entertaining to follow these women's adventures and while I don't anticipate my posts to be as exciting as a new college grad or someone studying/traveling in Europe, I thought this would be a unique way to document the first year of the littles' lives. I can just about guarantee that this blog will not be updated daily and perhaps not even weekly, but I'll give it my best effort to post on a regular basis. My hope is that this will be a popular site for the grandparents, godparents, aunties, uncles, cousins, and friends of the littles and that this can be a fun way to watch them grow.

*November, 2011* We made it through the year, and I thought perhaps I'd try to redesign the blog for the future, intermittent updates. But, this twin mom is going to keep it simple and just keep going. Do not expect daily photos; we'll just post highlights from now on. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

ONE-derful Year

July 1, 2011
I'm going to have to come back to this post and add some thoughts...there are too many running through my mind and I just don't think I can put together some coherent sentences that will help document the amazing year we've had with these two incredibly beautiful souls.

(July 26) I'm back. Bennett and I were reminiscing about this year, so I thought it would be appropriate to list some of our favorite things here.

  • Josie folding her body in half as she dozed to sleep after being fed
  • Noah's jazz hands when he was startled
  • Josie's arms floating in the air as though there were invisible helium balloons attached to her wrists
  • Noah flicking his hand as though shooting an imaginary basketball while feeding
  • Both Josie and Noah becoming conditioned to the flash and squinting they're eyes whenever I approached with the camera
  • Both Josie and Noah being soothed only when placed in physical contact with the other when super fussy
  • Noah stealing any toy Josie was playing with
  • Josie using the strength of her voice to tell her brother off and get her toy back
  • Noah being afraid of nothing except the vacuum, dad's elephant noise, and Josie's big-girl voice
  • Josie being afraid of nothing but losing her balance
  • Noah waving hi to strangers as they walk by
  • Josie saying hi whenever she hears a door open or close
  • Noah running on his toes (he used to run on the top side of his toes/with his toes tucked under) and balancing by using his shoulders
  • Josie walking cautiously with her arms outstretched for balance
  • Noah eating as many puffs as he can fit in his mouth at one time
  • Josie needing her milk to be the perfect temperature
  • Both bouncing in their cribs
  • Both loving to be chased up and to chase each other
  • Both singing (on bike rides, in the car, when they go to sleep)
  • Both having a conversation and making each other laugh when they should be napping
There's so much more, but this is just a glimpse. It truly has been an incredible year!

No comments:

Post a Comment